Interview by Blackheart Cleveland

PD White furnituremaker

I am a furniture maker that specializes in custom made wood furniture. When people think of making a piece of furniture they often think that the process begins with finding the right piece of wood or having a thoroughly drawn out design. While these factors are important, I have come to realize over the last twenty years of creating furniture, that it is working with the client that is one of the most important aspects of the design process for me. The pieces I create are a conversation. They work not only as functional objects to sit on, eat off of, place books on etc, but as a communication between myself and the individual I am designing for. In working through this process I find that what is most important is the conversation the piece originates from; and ends with when the project is complete.

What I try to accomplish with my work is to make each piece singly for the person who it is designed for. I use wood that is harvested locally and is generally taken from trees that are being removed by the city or an individual homeowner. In this way I am able to use a local material for local customers.

Monday, September 6, 2010

norway maple live edge dining table


This table is 30 inches high, 40 wide and 95 inches long. It was crafted from reclaimed Norway maple with a live edge finish.

11 comments:

  1. Very artistic furniture design and looks very simple.I like your article, keep sharing more interesting things here.
    Office screens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very simple but looking so solid! You're doing great job in furniture world.I really appreciate your efforts and hope to see more and more from you. Anyway, thanks for sharing this solid piece of furniture.

    Linda@ white furniture

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the "rustic cabin furniture" look and I want to get some pieces made for my home. Where can I find home furniture makers in Perth? What are some average costs for custom furniture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. furniture makers Classified ads are one of the most common ways for people to offer their used furniture for sale. http://www.royalfurnituremakers.co.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replica furniture, lighting, accessories, decorative elements, interior solutions, Crafts and Arts with the industry's best customer service you can shop safely at luxuryhomemy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replica furniture, lighting, accessories, decorative elements, interior solutions, Crafts and Arts with the industry's best customer service you can shop safely at luxuryhomemy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use only high quality materials - you can see them at: industrial canteen tables and chairs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meeting various household chores and other miscellaneous activities can be done only with the help of cash. Your income is limited and the demands are unlimited. A major portion gets almost finished by the middle of the month. An abrupt emergence of any unfamiliar situation can complicate all your financial calculations. To enable you tackle these delicate matters or meeting your regular expenses, pedro loans offer can be really helpful. To find an affordable loan rate at 2% ROI Individual loans or entitled loans should contact Mr Pedro Email Address: pedroloanss@gmail.com & whatsapp text: +18632310632

    ReplyDelete